It’s a good idea that I spent a lot of time building out. I spent money on it. I hired professionals to help.
I didn’t put enough effort into building the customer base.
But here’s why I put ‘failed’ in quotes; it’s not a failure.
- Is it possible that I may shut it down? Yes.
- Is it true that I am not actively working on fixing it right now? Yes.
- Is is true that I may look to restructure that project completely? Yes.
- Is is true that the margins were probably not sustainable? Yes.
Do all of those things tell the whole story, or add up to a failure? No.
- I built an e-commerce site on two different types of platforms.
- I delighted a few customers.
- I worked with amazing people.
- I raised money (albeit a small amount) for charity.
The whole story of Hungry Nuts has not been written yet.
Why might you care at all about this?
I’ll bet you have something that you started, or haven’t yet.
It’s not too late to finish it.